Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

KPOP Review: G-Dragon "Crayon"


As I said in my previous review on G-Dragon's "That XX" GD made a new music video for his recent solo album. The song itself isn't the best of the bunch, but I was totally hooked on the chorus. The music video was AMAZING. It had me laughing a lot, I loved everything about it from the ridiculously funny costumes to the colorful backgrounds and sets 

The song has a pop sound that will get you on your feet and dancing. My favorite part of the entire song is the "Why so serious? GET YOUR CRAYON!", That was where I fell for the song. When I heard the song I cringed. Truthfully, I didn't like the rapping. It sounded to stereotypical to the rap sound here in the U.S. As the song went on I got into it, and then I heard the chorus. It raised my hopes for the song and eventually I got passed the fact that I didn't like the rapping. Now I actually enjoy the song as a whole. Except for the word swag. I absolutely loath that word, whoever made that word should be put down. I'm serious. I hear that word everywhere and it gets on my nerves, that and the word YOLO.

The lyrics for the song talk about how GD is so aweosme, according to him. Well at least that is what I understood from the translated lyrics. Honestly I didn't really get the lyrics. They confused me. I read through them a gazillion of times, but all I could get out of it is that GD is boasting about himself. Another thing I was able to understand is that in the chorus GD is telling you to just let loose, or "get your crayon". From what I have heard is that crayon is the words crazy and on combined together. So, basically it means to "get your crazy on" or get  crazy and have fun. That's all I was able to understand, but I may be completely wrong, so don't hesitate to correct me. In fact I want your feedback. I'm dying to know what the lyrics mean.

On to the work of art known as the music video. I LOVED it as I have already said. There was super hero references: Wonder Woman, Batman, and Wolverine. There was also Family Guy's Stewie and Brian on GD's shoes. I also noticed that they put children's tales in there like Pinocchio and Frankenstein. When I first saw GD in the tight black dress I thought it was actually him and wasn't at all surprised that he had a nice feminine body, but then I read that it wasn't him and I was relieved to know that GD doesn't have a better looking body than mine (or I hope so). Anybody else looked at the faces the guys around GD when he was on the couch? They, Were. Hilarious. The party scene was also pretty cool. The video itself was colorful, vibrant, and cheerful, which fits with the song title, "Crayon".

My Ratings

Lyrics: 3 out of 5
MV: 5 out of 5
Song: 3 out of 5
English: 5 out of 5

Overall: 4 out of 5


Here is the music video:



Doesn't G-Dragon look like a teenager in this pic?


He looks adorable in this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for commenting