Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

KPOP Review: U-KISS "Stop Girl"


Finally! I felt like I was going to die from the long wait, but U-KISS has finally made their comeback. I was so anxious to see how this song came out since they are missing AJ at the moment. I wasn't at all disappointed.Although I wasn't completely impressed with this comeback. Honestly, I had to listen to this song for approximately four times before it finally grew into me. 

The song has nothing that is notably special. It did, however, have a more mature tone and feel to it. I loved that R&B sound they had in the song, very mature. When I heard the chorus, my initial expression was that it was too cheesy ("stop girl in the name of love" really?) and I wasn't expecting much. One thing I wish there was more of was the powerful singing Hoon (or should I say, Sailor Hoon) did at the beginning. The song was somewhat repetitive, but that's okay since most songs are like this nowadays. My favorite part in the song by far is when Dongho and Eli rap. I don't know why but I'm just captivated with Dongho's voice, it's something I don't think I will never find a proper explanation. But I was not at all captivated by Dongho's appearance, you know the part where he is wearing the hat and has he long hair to one side of his face. Eli's part was also epic, I loved the emphasis he put every time he said "cheok".

Lyrically the song is about a rocky relationship. They want to be together, but at the same time they get sick of each other. He wants her but then doesn't. They push and pull each other. 

Personally, I was happy to see that the boys weren't going to be in a room again in this music video. I was really getting annoyed by the lack of variety they had on their set. I know it takes so much hard work to put those sets together, but I just don't like it when they don't change set. Take for example Super Junior, sure the boxes they dance in look cool but it's not different and it tends to be boring for me. Gladly that wasn't the case this time for U-KISS. The black and white version of the music video was a good way to boost up the maturity of it. Although, I prefer the color version myself.

Something that I totally loved was the fact that they had females incorporated into their dance. It was like the icing on the cake. The interaction with the opposite sex also helped them add a dance that speaks with the lyrics. As you see Kevin dancing with the woman, much to my dismay(he is mine!!! T-T I'm such a delusional fangirl), they come close but then separate and then come close again only to push themselves away from each other. It was a nice touch. Something I have noticed U-KISS does is their dances correspond with their lyrics. In Tick Tack they had the clock-like movements, in  Forbidden Love they had a slightly sexual dance, and in Believe they did movements that went along with the line "I do believe you"

The English in the song was perfect. No mispronunciation or weird jumble of English. I liked Soohyun's line when he said "and now my heart is depleted". So, for the English of the song there isn't much to say.

This time around the boys did a wonderful job. Right now my favorite album/ mini album is still The Special to Kiss Me, with Neverland coming in close second. Hopefully when AJ comes back they will have an explosive comeback.

My Ratings

Lyrics: 3.5 out of 5
MV: 3 out of 5
Song: 4 out of 5
English: 5 out of 5
Dance: 4.5 out of 5

Overall: 4 out of 5





Here is the video:



I posted the B&W version since it was uploaded on their official youtube channel first.


P.S. Support these boys by buying their album pwease. You don't want to make adorable Kevin cry, do you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for commenting