Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

KPOP Review: FT Island "I Wish"


FT Island or, as my brother thought they were called, Fetus Land (He read it as FTIS Land LOL) has come out with a new song that I really liked. Although I'm not much of a fan of them, this song is one of my favorites at the moment. I totally dig the whole Spanish guitar and trumpet sound they have. I, being Mexican, really appreciate the fact that they are trying to incorporate sounds of other cultures. Now let the reviewing commence!

The song, like I said, is awesome and I really liked it. It maybe be just me, but I think they didn't do a well transition between the Spanish sound to their typical indie-pop sound. The song just abruptly changes. Actually it could have been two totally different songs if you split the parts, but there is just something about it that still makes it sound pleasing to the ears and not a mash of different sounds. Another thing I noticed that I'm pretty sure you guys gave noticed to is that Hongki says something that sounds like queso, meaning cheese in Spanish. There is one line he says that can be misheard as  quiero mucho queso, which means I want a lot of cheese in Spanish. I thought  that was pretty funny and it didn't help that the song had a Spanish sound to it.

The meaning of the song itself is about one of the rarest topics ever in music! It's about... what for it... ROMANCE! *Insert sarcastic tone here* It such a rare subject in music. The song is just telling how a man (or woman just saying) has fallen for a woman, but doesn't understand the feeling. Soon he realizes his love and really wants the woman.

Ok it's now time to talk about the music video. Oh yes, the music video. I didn't get to be honest. Is it FT Island all dating the same girl, or is she flirting with all the members? What confused me more is when Hongki was trying to tell her something but she didn't want to listen. This is what I was able to understand: Hongki loves her and they are all lovet dovey at the beginning but then she gets interested in the other pretty 
boys that are flirting with her. Hongki will not give her up since he loves her deeply. Maybe there is also the possibility that the girl is an alien as Simon and Martina (from eatyourkimchi) had said and she feeds on other people. I have no idea, but what I am sure of is that the video would have been better off with them just playing their instruments and singing in the room.

For the English I give them props for actually pronouncing "love me" correctly and not "lomme". I just have a problem with how they pronounce "lonely". They say "loly" instead of "lonely". That's it though.



My Ratings

Lyrics: 2 out of 5
MV: 3 out of 5
Song: 4 out of 5
English: 4 out of 5

Overall: 3.5 out of 5


Here is the video:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for commenting