Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

KPOP Review: Orange Caramel "Lipstick"



I'm here with another review, which I have wanted to do for quite a while. As the title says, I'm doing a review on Orange Caramel's "Lipstick". Although I'm not the biggest fan of girl groups there is always a song in each group that I adore. I'm actually surprised at myself for liking this song, because I'm more into the fierce looking girl groups, like 2NE1. Either way this was a good song that managed to bury into the depths of my brain and have me singing it non-stop all day.

The song itself is really addicting. I totally loved the part when they said "Omo omo o-o-o-o omo omo". I sang that until I annoyed the living hell out of my family, and they barely tolerate me plugging my IPod in the car. Anyways, the song is basically about a woman who fell for a man that is hard to get. Yeah the plot of the song is simple, I know. The sound of the song fit perfectly with Orange Caramel's cute aegyo image, and synthesizer in the background was a good addition to the song.

My favorite thing of "Lipstick" is the music video. I laughed throughout the whole video. It's all cutesy and fluffy, but at the same time it's so hilarious. It's so funny from the guys exaggerated movements to the girls' pouty faces.  So the main plot is that Orange Caramel is in love with a ping pong player. Although they are extremely well ping pong players they ask him to coach them. They put on this facade and pretend to not know how to play. Then, when the guy lost a match against someone the girls take it upon themselves to avenge his loss. They successfully win the dude (I think it was unfair since it was three against one) and were on their way to tell him they won when they see him being comforted by his wife. Orange Caramel then challenge the wife. My brother and I had a discussion on whether they had an endless ping pong battle or if Orange Caramel won. I think they won, but my brother says it's an endless battle. What do you guys think?

I would also like to state that I loved Lizzy's face when she turned the corner and saw the coach dude with his wife. Her face was covered with pure disgust, HILARIOUS. I also like that dance move they do when they tilt to the side (I tried to imitate it but failed...HORRIBLY) and sort of push the air beside them. I also loved their outfits except the one that's black and has the big bows. I just hate those gigantic bows, but the black looks sexy.

To conclude, this song was catchy and up-beat. The music video was very enjoyable and had me laughing throughout it. I'm glad Pledis Entertainment made this sub-group, since they are able to portray the overly cute image without changing their main group, After School. Yes, the beauty of subgroups.


My Ratings


Lyrics: 3 out of 5
MV: 5 out of 5
Song: 4 out of 5
Dance: 3 out of 5

Overall: 4 out of 5


Here is the video:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for commenting