Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

KPOP Review: NU'EST "Sandy"



Rookie group NU'EST has come out with yet another music video. If they make one more than they will have a music video for all the songs in their Action mini album. I'm pretty sure all you Baekho fans would like that wouldn't you, since the only song that is left is Baekho's solo song. I gotta say that NU'EST is one of my favorite rookies this year so far, but then again I haven't seen all the rookies because there is a ton of them debuting each month. Seriously I can't keep up! What is worse is trying to learn the names of them. Especially EXO, they have twelve members in their freaking group. Also I hear that Pledis Entertainment, the same one that NU'EST is signed onto, is planning on debuting a seventeen member group, what a nightmare! Ok I was a little off topic there, but enough of my useless blabbing, Lets get to reviewing.

This song is one of the slower more ballad-y songs in the album. Apparently it is meant for the fans, the name Sandy is referring to the L.O./\.Es. How sweet of them, but I'm pretty sure that those whose names were actually Sandy enjoyed the song a little more. Personally I would say that this isn't my favorite song in the whole album, but it has a good enough sound to keep me listening until the end. The rapping was pretty good it fit with the song, yet it had a different sound so that it kept you interested. I also loved how Aron said Sandy, I don't know why I do.

The lyrics to the song are really really really simple. There is nothing confusing or hidden clues in the lyrics. The song is just about them singing how much they love a girl. They want be more than friends with the girl. Protecting her and making her happy is a must for them. They also express their jealousy when they see her with another guy. The song is pretty sweet and cute.

The English in the song isn't complicated or impressive, but it did fit with the song. It was both grammatically correct and there was no mispronunciations. There shouldn't be, since Aron knows perfect English. If there was then I would be extremely disappointed in Aron.

Before they filmed the video, I read somewhere that they were looking for NU'EST fans to be in the MV. This was announced even before they made a music video for "Not Over You", to which was a video that popped up in surprise. Everyone was expecting a "Sandy" MV not a music video for "Not Over You". Anyway, the video does have NU'EST fans as they announced. They are five lucky girls that got to go on a date with NU'EST. It was a cute video, but I think it was more of a video for fanservice rather than an actual meaningful video. The whole MV is what happens throughout the date. They go eat and then walk around while shopping. You know the typical things you do on a date.

My Ratings

Lyrics: 3 out of 5
MV: 3.5 out of 5
Song: 3 out of 5
English: 5 out of 5


Overall: 3 out of 5



Here is the music video:




Anybody else think of this song when they started to talk about hurricane Sandy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for commenting